- The sequence of selecting an ad for display
- Add a backup ad
- Backup ad for nondimensional banner types
- Backup ads for XML banner types
- Backup ad for video ads
A backup ad (placeholder) is the code that's displayed if there are no banners to display from commercial campaigns. It's used if:
- There are no active campaigns.
- Limits or targeting prohibit banner impressions to this user (for example, if restrictions on unique impressions or geography are triggered).
Unfilled ad response: The backup ad display.
You can add backup ad:
- For the placement (if the backup ad isn't set, it's selected based on the banner type).
- For the banner type (if the backup ad isn't set, the server returns the system placeholder code in response to the request, which doesn't affect site display).
The sequence of selecting an ad for display
Add a backup ad
- To add a backup ad to the placement, go toand click .
To add a backup ad to the banner type, go toand click .
- Select the method for adding the backup ad:
- File: Upload an image (in JPG, PNG, or GIF format) and enter the click link in the Click URL box.
Backup ad for nondimensional banner types
When using nondimensional banner types, the ad tag doesn't take up space on the site page, so you can place differently sized banners on the same placement (if the site layout allows this). For example, if a 600 × 90 placement uses the 600 × 90 nondimensional banner type, there are no suitable banners to display, and the backup ad isn't set, the response from the Adfox server has code 204 in the JSON errors object. The placement size doesn't change and the site layout isn't affected.
Codes of third-party systems (except adfox and adrime codes) that go outside the placement (for example, FullScreen, Screenglide/Expandable) aren't accepted for placement.
Backup ads for XML banner types
For an XML banner type, only XML code can be added as the backup ad.
If there are no suitable banners to display and the backup ad isn't set, the system placeholder code loads:
Backup ad for video ads
To add a backup ad for VAST player ads, you need an ad request link.
Put this link in square brackets in the
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <VAST version="2.0"> <Ad id="%placeId%"> <Wrapper> <AdSystem>Adfox.ru</AdSystem> <VASTAdTagURI><![CDATA[//ads.adfox.ru/XXXXXX/getCode?p1=xxx&p2=xxx&pfc=a&pfb=a&plp=a&pli=a&pop=a&puid1=%userValue1%]]></VASTAdTagURI> <Impression></Impression> <Creatives></Creatives> </Wrapper> </Ad> </VAST>
- For values of user characteristics:
%userValueN%value, where N is the characteristic number. For example,
- to send a referer:
%referrerEncoded%value. For example,
Copy the code and install it in the XML code of the placement's backup ad and/or banner type.