A tracking pixel (1 × 1 banner, pixel) is a transparent image, 1 × 1 in size, that loads with the measured banner. It's used for sending information about banner impressions to a third-party system.
- Initial setup for getting tracking pixels
- Create a tracking pixel in Adfox
- Get a link for measurement in third-party systems
- Requirements for installing Adfox links
Initial setup for getting tracking pixels
- Step 1. Add a banner type
- Go to the taband select . A list of banner types opens.
- Enable the 1 × 1 banner type and click Change.
- Step 2. Create placements
- Go to the Sites tab in the main menu, find the desired site, and click Sections to the left of its name. Select a section and click Placements to the left of its name.
- Add a placement for the 1 × 1 banner type.
Create a tracking pixel in Adfox
- Step 1. Add a campaign
Add a campaign by following our instructions. You can't set any restrictions or targeting for a campaign and a 1 × 1 banner. All settings are configured for the banner with ad content.
We recommend using the Banner ad response impression count method in a campaign for a 1 × 1 banner. This way, you can get simple links to the impression and click. You cannot change the method after creating a campaign. Learn more about the impression count method
- Step 2. Add a 1 × 1 banner
- Click Add, select the 1 × 1 banner type with the Nondimensional load type and the 1 × 1 template.
- In the Transition URL field, enter the link to the advertiser's site.
- In the Image field, specify a third-party impression counter.
- Fill in the Tracking pixel link field if you want the banner to be uploaded using a request from the ad tag.Attention. When simple links are used, tags specified in this parameter are not called.
- If you want to measure events, enable the Events enabled option in the banner parameters.