Add a campaign
On thetab, you can add new campaigns or edit existing ones.
At the top of the page, there's a campaign search form. By default, the filter is configured to show campaigns with the status active and paused. You can select campaigns using the following filters:
- By main parameters: status, name, advertiser, assistant, industry, period or end date of the campaign.
- By campaign type and level.
- By marking.
- By banner settings: ad label, banner type and template.
- By placement.
Below is a table of campaigns that meet the conditions of the search filter.
To change the order of columns in the list or disable unnecessary ones, click Configure columns above the list of campaigns. In the window that opens, hold the column name and move it to the desired location or disable its display.
Add a campaign
To add campaigns, you must have at least one advertiser in your account. They'll have access to campaign statistics. They can also edit banners if you give them the necessary access rights.
Open the Campaigns tab and click Add.
- Name: Enter the campaign name.
- Advertiser: Select one from the list of advertisers previously created in this account.
- Advertiser can edit banners: By enabling this option, you allow your main and additional advertisers to change and add banners in this campaign.
- Assistant: Select the user to whom you want to give access to the campaign according to their permissions.
- Additional assistants and advertisers: Add several additional assistants and advertisers to the campaign. This may be necessary to let reports be accessed by different companies, for example, an advertiser and their agency.
- Impression count method: Specify what counts as an impression:
- Banner ad response.
- Viewable impression, Yandex (IMS): An impression is counted if at least 50% of the banner area is in the active browser window for at least 2 seconds. Learn more about viewability counting.
- Event N: An event that's called in the banner template (you can add up to 30 events).
- Impression (IMS): An impression counts when ad rendering begins.
- Viewable impression (IMS): Impressions are counted according to the international media standards criteria, that is, the minimum percentage of pixels in the viewable area and the duration in the active browser tab. Learn more about viewability counting.
- Restriction. In a campaign with the impression count methods Impression (IMS), Viewable Impression (IMS), and Viewable impression, Yandex (IMS), you can only add banners with templates that have “IMS” in their names.
- Enable tag: Enable tag substitution for clickable links.
- Active (by default): The campaign is ready for serving.
- Paused: The campaign isn't served. Paused campaigns are shown in campaign lists (by default, filters are configured to display active and paused campaigns).
- Completed: The campaign isn't served. It's hidden from the campaign list in the interface by the filter settings. To display completed campaigns, change the search parameters in the filter.Attention. After 90 days from the end date, you can't activate a campaign again. You can only create a new one.
Campaigns completed more than three years ago are automatically archived and deleted from the Adfox interface.
- Industry: Select the industry where the campaign belongs. You can use industries to desynchronize impressions of different advertisers' campaigns from the same industry. Such campaigns are considered competing, so they aren't served on the same page at the same time. But banners belonging to the same campaign (and flights of the same super campaign) can be served simultaneously. In the account reports, there's a separate industry report.
- Session type: Specify the campaign type. By default, the campaign is regular and can be served on any type of placement. A campaign of the “session” type can only be served on the placement with the “session” code type.
- External monetizer: Select an external monetizer for which a campaign is created. When you select a monetizer, the method for determining the CPM floor for this monetizer is specified in the
- Campaign type:
- The Guarantee type is used for campaigns with guaranteed sales where there are ad delivery obligations.
- The DM (“Dynamic monetization”) type allows the publisher to receive the highest revenue from impressions, letting the Yandex Advertising Network compete for impressions of non-guaranteed campaigns.At the dynamic monetization level, you can set up:
- Yandex Advertising Network monetization.
- External monetizers, including those using the Header Bidding solution.
- Custom campaigns with a known CPM and non-guaranteed volume.
- The Promo type is used for custom promotion campaigns.
- CPM: Specify the CPM floor for campaigns of the DM type. In this case, you don't fill out the CPC parameter.
- Rotation method:
- by priority: Determine how often the banners of this campaign are served compared to the banners of other campaigns. In this case, fill out the Level and Priority fields. The first is the highest level.
- by % of traffic: Only for campaigns using the % of traffic rotation method. Specify how much traffic to allocate for serving this campaign in the % of traffic field.
- Impression running speeed:
- As fast as possible: Campaign banners are served at the maximum possible speed until the impression/click restrictions (if any exist) are triggered. The setting doesn't require that you specify any limits and start/end dates of the campaign.Note. At this delivery speed, there may be an underdelivery because of a lack of traffic or an overdelivery of up to 100 impressions.
- Spread traffic evenly by day limit: Impressions are uniformly distributed throughout the day. Be sure to specify the daily impression limit. The other parameters are optional.Note.
At this delivery speed, underdelivery may occur, because traffic is allocated using approximate coefficients of hourly traffic, which may have a slight margin of error. For the same reason, there may be overdelivery of up to 100 impressions. Also, underdelivery may occur if the end hour is earlier than 23:59, because ad delivery is calculated for a full day without taking into account the start and end hours of the campaign. The recommended minimum daily limit is at least 500 impressions/clicks.
- Spread traffic evenly throughout the entire period: The campaign impressions are distributed evenly over the entire period, using account data and system statistics. Be sure to specify the general impression limit and the end date for the campaign. The other parameters are optional.Note.
At this delivery speed, underdelivery may occur, because traffic is allocated using approximate coefficients of daily/hourly traffic, which may have a slight margin of error. For the same reason, there may be overdelivery of up to 100 impressions. Also, underdelivery may occur if the end hour is earlier than 23:59, because ad running is calculated for a full day without taking into account the start and end hours of the campaign. The recommended minimum total limit is at least 500 impressions/clicks.
- Spread traffic evenly by general limit (automatic prolongation): The campaign impressions are distributed evenly over the entire period, using account data and system statistics. If the campaign doesn't run over its limit in the allocated time, it's automatically extended for one day and runs at maximum speed on that day. Be sure to specify the general impression limit and the end date for the campaign. The other parameters are optional.
- Impressions in total, day, hour: Specify the maximum number of banner impressions in the campaign overall, per day, and per hour. When the number of impressions reaches the number in Impressions in total, the campaign status is set to Completed, and the banners are no longer served. When the number of the day's impressions reaches the daily limit, serving banners is suspended until the next day. When the number of impressions from the beginning of the hour reaches the hourly limit, banner serving is suspended until the next hour.
- Clicks total, per day, per hour: Specify the maximum number of banner clicks in the campaign. When the number of clicks reaches the general limit, the campaign status changes to Completed, and the banners are no longer served. When the number of the day's clicks reaches the daily limit, serving banners is suspended until the next day. When the number of clicks from the beginning of the hour reaches the hourly limit, serving banners is suspended until the next hour.
- Start time: Required parameters. By default, the current date is set. If you don't change it, banners start being displayed immediately after you add them.
- Don't show the campaign to users who came from the specified pages (referer template): A direct click from particular pages suspends serving all banners in this campaign. Specify the template of these pages. The template type used is <POSIX.2>.
Only one FullScreen banner was added to the campaign (if there are multiple banners, they aren't served when the restriction is triggered).
The campaign is served on the home page only. When the user goes from the home page to internal pages, the campaign is no longer served.
Let's add the template of the home page to the Don't show the campaign to users who came from the specified pages (referer template) parameter, for example:
In this case, the banner is served on the home page and internal ones, unless there was a click from the home page.
- Profile: Select a profile to quickly apply a placement and targeting settings.
- Placement profile: Select a placement profile to quickly apply campaign placement settings. Available only when adding a campaign.
- Targeting profile: Select a targeting profile to quickly apply targeting settings. You can change it at any time when running the campaign.
- Submission to ad register: It's required to submit data to the ad register if you place ads under direct sales (directly to an advertiser or via an agency) for display in Russia. Select what data to submit to the ad register:
- Submit data to state register: If you want to get a token and transfer data to the Russian state register through the Yandex advertising operator.
- Do not submit data to state register: If at least one of the following conditions is met:
You don't have a direct contract for placing ads with contractors.
Ads will be displayed outside of Russia.
You place a token in a creative on your own and transfer data to the Russian state register via a different advertising data operator.
Advertiser in the banner menu: specify the advertiser's legal name and details. To display the advertiser information in the banner, enable the Show banner menu option in the banner settings. The advertising menu is the icon. After clicking on it, the information about the advertiser appears. If the text is too long, it may be cropped and partially replaced with an ellipsis. A user can view and copy all the information by triple-clicking it.
- Sending campaign statistics: Enable sending statistics by email. For more information, see Sending campaign statistics.