Monetization in Adfox
- How banners are served if the Yandex Advertising Network module is enabled
- Advantages of using “Monetization” for plaсements
- Note for DSP systems: connection to the Yandex RTB platform
Monetization is a service that allows website owners to sell traffic on their placements through the Yandex Advertising Network using Real Time Bidding (RTB) technology.
Owners of websites that sell traffic using Adfox Monetization enjoy a wide range of external monetization opportunities: DSP banners, Yandex Direct ads, and Yandex display ads take part in a single RTB auction.
The monetization service is connected to the Yandex Advertising Network and is fully integrated with Adfox, which allows website owners to use all available media inventory and increase ad revenue with a single technology.
Monetization supports multiple business models:
- Managing own sales
- Monetization by Yandex
- External monetization
- Own promotion
How banners are served if the Yandex Advertising Network module is enabled
The general structure of banner serving looks like this:
Let's say there's a Dynamic monetization campaign in a placement.
The user goes to the website page where an Adfox asynchronous ad tag is embedded. At this point, a banner request is sent to the Adfox server.
- First, a banner to be displayed is selected among Guarantee campaigns (levels 1–10).
- If no appropriate banner is found, the right to display banners is transferred to a Dynamic monetization campaign (level 11). At this level, the Yandex Advertising Network and other monetizers enabled using Header Bidding technology can participate in an auction.
- If a Yandex Advertising Network campaign wins the auction, bidding for this impression takes place inside the Yandex Advertising Network. Depending on the results, there are two possible options:
- If a banner is selected for display in the Yandex Advertising Network, it is sent to the page opened by the user.
- If no banner is found in the Yandex Advertising Network, the banner to display is selected among other Dynamic monetization campaigns or the campaign level is changed to Promo.
As a result, placement traffic is not lost and is monetized in any case.
Advantages of using “Monetization” for plaсements
Expanding opportunities to increase revenue:
- When you enable Yandex ads, it provides ad budgets not only from DSPs present on the market but also from advertisers who place display ads in Yandex and contextual ads in Yandex Direct.
Reducing traffic losses by consistently using multiple monetization channels. Before the integration, there were two types of strategies:
- Focus on own sales, with remaining traffic handled by the Yandex Advertising Network (which is prohibited by the rules).
- Focus on the Yandex Advertising Network, with remaining traffic handled by the code of own placements.
In both cases, the impression would be lost after running through the second code and the absence of matching ads.
In the new system, when the Yandex Advertising Network is unable to show the banner to the user, the request is resent to the Adfox placement, and the banner is selected from the next-level campaigns, which prevents losing traffic.
- Optimization of the revenue from various monetization channels by setting the priority depending on the CPM sold or the Bid Floor set in the channel, considering the fulfillment of obligations for the volume and frequency of own sales.
- Consultations from both Yandex Advertising Network and Adfox specialists on optimizing website layout and using ad tags.
Reducing the risk of dumping for major commercial advertisers:
- Setting up the advertisers' catalog (5 levels from TNS) helps manage platform availability to ban ads from selected market segments down to a specific brand.
- Option to set the Bid Floor for a specific brand (based on the TNS classification).
- Managing the threshold price of Bid Floor impressions on each placement depending on the commercial policy and the rules for configuring the permitted advertisers' catalog.
Note for DSP systems: connection to the Yandex RTB platform
DSP systems wanting to connect to the Yandex RTB platform should send an email expressing their readiness to pass integration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the RTB auction protocol, technical documentation, and requirements to DSPs, follow this link.