Banner types and templates
The banner type is a tool that lets the system make a decision about placing the banner on the placement. You can only place the banner on the placement if the placement and banner types are identical (and if the campaign is placed on this placement, of course).
All banner types are divided into two groups:
- Predefined banner types are provided by the system together with templates. They're used to configure the 1x1 pixel and to place banners on AMP and Turbo pages and in mobile apps. You can enable or disable banner types that you use in your account.
- Custom banner types are created by the user. They're mainly used in desktop site versions. You can add and remove them.
To specify what form to load banners to the site in, you need to select the display type:
- XML: The ad tag is just a request string. XML code is returned in response to the request.
If the standard display types aren't enough, you can create a custom banner type.
Templates for banner types are added by the account administrator. Templates can be:
- Preset: Templates that are created in Adfox and ready for use. For these banner templates to work correctly, follow the technical requirements.
- Custom: Templates that are developed by the Adfox client independently.