What child accounts are for
With a child account, you can control what your child can view in Yandex Browser and protect them from unwanted content.
In the child account:
Yandex services offer age-appropriate content. Set age limits in your Family personal account.
«Adult» content and sites with obscene language will be completely excluded from the search results (even if the search query is explicitly aimed at finding such resources).
- Yandex Music hides songs with obscene language.
To prevent your child from logging out of their account, logging out requires a code from an SMS that's sent to the parent's phone.
Incognito mode can't be enabled.
Create a family account.
Go to the Family page.
- Click Create child account.
- Enter the child's name and date of birth. Click Next.
- Create a login and password for the child account. Click Next.
- Enter the code from the SMS that will be sent to the phone linked to your account.
- Check the account details, select an age limit, and connect a family payment card if necessary. You can also do that after creating the account.
- Click Done.
To log in to the child account, select it when logging in.
Convert to adult account
You can convert a child account to an adult one. This action must be confirmed in the child account.
- Go to the Family tab.
- In the Group features section, click .
- Click the name of the child whose account you want to convert. A link will be copied to the clipboard. Send it to the child.
- Log in to the child account and follow the link.
- Confirm you want to convert the child account to an adult one.
Move to another family group
You can move a child account from another family group to your own. This action must be confirmed from the child account and using the code from the SMS. The code is sent to the phone number of the user who created the child account.
- Go to the Family tab.
- In the Family group section, click Invite family.
- Choose how you want to send the invitation.
- Share a link. A link will be copied to the clipboard. Send it to the child. Log in to the child account, follow the link that you received, and accept the invitation.
- Send an SMS or email. Enter the email address that's linked to the child account. An invitation to the family group will be sent there. Accept it.
- An SMS with a confirmation code will be sent to the phone number of the user who created the child account. To accept the invitation to the other family group, enter the code from the SMS.