Mobile app ad
To advertise a mobile app, just specify a link to the advertised app in the Campaign Wizard. Campaign Wizard suggests relevant settings, keywords, texts, and images at each step of creating an ad.
Users will see your ad in Yandex search results and on Yandex Advertising Network sites.
You can track your campaign's results in the statistics section.
Create a campaign
Click Campaign Wizard, select App installs and in-app conversions. Enter a link to your app page in the AppStore or Google Play. You can also add a tracking link.. In the
If the link is correct, the app data is populated automatically.
- Step 1. Configure the ad layout for group 1
- By default, Yandex Direct fetches the title and description text from the app store. You can edit them. In the description, tell users about your app, its benefits, or features. Read our recommendations for writing ad texts.
You can add up to six title and text options: Yandex Direct will automatically create ads from them and show the most effective ones more often.
We recommend that you add as much as possible options for each element. This makes creatives more diverse and improves campaign performance.
- Add up to 15 images (in different formats: square, vertical, and horizontal) and up to 15 video files to the ad. Images must not contain text. An image with of 450 × 450 pixels is OK, but it is better to use images from 1080 to 5000 pixels, in JPG or PNG format, up to 10 MB. Video: maximum 100 MB, from 5 to 60 seconds.
Format MP4, WebM, MOV, QT, FLV, AVI Size maximum 100 MB Duration Between 5 and 60 sec Recommended aspect ratio 16 : 9; 1 : 1; 9 : 16 Minimum resolution 360p Recommended resolution 1080p Video frame rate from 20 frames/second Video codecs H.264, VP6F, VP8, Theora Number of video tracks 1 Minimum quality 44 kHz, 16 Kbit/s, stereo Audio codecs AAC, MP3, Vorbis Number of audio tracks no more than 1 File codec avc1, F4V, isom, M4A, M4V, mmp4, mp41, mp42, qt Cover No Format MP4, WebM, MOV, QT, FLV, AVI Size maximum 100 MB Duration Between 5 and 60 sec Recommended aspect ratio 16 : 9; 1 : 1; 9 : 16 Minimum resolution 360p Recommended resolution 1080p Video frame rate from 20 frames/second Video codecs H.264, VP6F, VP8, Theora Number of video tracks 1 Minimum quality 44 kHz, 16 Kbit/s, stereo Audio codecs AAC, MP3, Vorbis Number of audio tracks no more than 1 File codec avc1, F4V, isom, M4A, M4V, mmp4, mp41, mp42, qt Cover NoNote. Videos created in Video Builder meet all the above requirements.
Well-chosen images and videos draw more attention to the ad and increase conversions.
To check how your ad will look with different creatives on different ad platforms in the preview area, hover over the desired image and select the placement: search results or advertising network.
- Step 2. Define the audience for group 1
Enter the display region for your campaign.
If necessary, you can use advanced settings to set up:
Ad placement. Impressions and pricing work differently on search and in ad networks.
Autotargeting categories. You can't disable autotargeting for targeted queries.
Related terms: List the keywords your audience might use to search for you. We'll select interested users based on these keywords. Yandex Direct will select interested users based on these keywords. You can use characters and operators.
When launching a campaign, avoid narrowing down the coverage with negative keywords. First of all, look up the search keywords that triggered your ad in the search query statistics. Then add irrelevant queries as negative keywords.
Retargeting & Audiences. You can serve ads in your mobile app to the most valuable or interesting segments of Yandex Audience.
You need to set up different campaigns to launch retargeting in search results and in the YAN. Use a keyword and segment for retargeting in search results and only a segment in the YAN. If you add keywords for the YAN, your ads will get served to new users (those not from the segment).
- Step 3. Create a new ad group.
If you advertise a single application and are willing to spend the same CPI, create up to ten ad groups with unique texts, images, videos and targeting settings (including retargeting). That way, you can use different creatives for different types of targeting in the same campaign.
Within each ad group, you can set up multiple title options and let Yandex Direct select the best performing ones. This increases the number of combinations and chances for the ads to be served.
Clone your previously set up groups and variate settings in them.Note.
However, if you want to use different CPIs for retargeting or segments created in Yandex Audience, this multi-group approach won't work for you.
- Step 4. Select a strategy
Set up the Mobile Measurement Platform and enter the tracking link. This way you can transmit data from your app to Yandex Direct to collect statistics and optimize your campaign.
For iOS apps, a campaign for users running a version lower than 14.5 will be created by default. To advertise your app for users running iOS 14.5 and higher, enable the Campaign for iOS 14.5 and higher option. Make sure that your app passed verification and supports the Apple SKAdNetwork API. Recommendations on setting up campaigns for iOS apps.
- If you are using the AppsFlyer or Adjust Mobile Measurement Platforms, you can track the campaign goals that were completed after viewing the ad, even if the ad wasn't clicked. However, in total, you'll pay for the campaign according to the chosen strategy: we'll attribute all conversions to clicks like before. You don't pay for additional installs attributed to impressions. To use this option, specify the tracking link in the strategy settings and in the window that appears select Enable impression attribution.
- Specify the targeted event and set its price.
- Select “App installs” and set the average cost for completing the goal. You'll get maximum clicks resulting in app installations. The payment will be per click.
- Select “App installs” and set the fixed cost for completing the goal. You'll be charged for app installs.
- Select a relevant in-app event if you want to attract users who perform a certain action in the app (for example, complete registration). Set the average cost for completing the goal. The strategy for maximizing targeted clicks to the app will be selected. You'll get optimization based on the specified average cost. The payment will be per click.
- Select “Click on ad”: you'll pay for each click on your ad. Specify the average CPC.
The settings can also be used with campaigns for iOS 14.5 and higher.
- If needed, set up bid adjustments for gender, age, or region.
- Step 5. Set a budget
Set your weekly or monthly budget. We recommend setting a budget that will be enough for a week. It will be shown in the campaign settings. Learnmore about budget calculation for each campaign type.
Yandex Direct will spend money within the specified amount. The campaign will run as long as there is money on the account.
Click Create campaign to submit it for moderation.
To edit the campaign later, click Save as draft.
As an advertising data operator, Yandex assigns each creative a unique identifier referred to as "token" when creating campaigns. It then uses this token to aggregate all your placement data and transmit it to the Unified Internet Advertising Registry (ERIR). Learn more about ad labeling.
Ad moderation and payment
After you create your campaign, it is moderated to make sure it meets the advertising requirements.
Your moderation results will be emailed to the address you provided when you registered in Yandex Direct.
Some campaign elements are moderated separately (for example, images). If one or more elements fail moderation, the campaign will start without them. The moderation status and comments are shown on the campaign page. You can delete or edit elements that failed moderation. The edited elements are re-submitted for moderation and added to the campaign if they succeed.
Your ads will begin displaying as soon as Yandex receives your payment.
When you launch a campaign, its page shows basic information about its settings. To edit an active campaign, click on the parameter you want to change. Some parameters can't be edited (for example, Site). Edited parameters have to be moderated again.
Statistics are displayed on the campaign page. Under the settings section, you can find the general campaign statistics, with more detailed statistics on individual parameters shown below.
You can download statistics in CSV format. To do this, click.
Graphs show general campaign statistics: data about conversions, clicks, CPA, and spending. When impression attribution is enabled, the statistics will also count conversions attributed to impressions. To view advanced statistics, click.
The table shows data for each element (titles, images, and texts). You can decide which elements are more effective and adjust your campaign.
In campaigns for iOS 14.5 and higher, the install data received from SKAdNetwork will be available.
In Report Wizard, you can evaluate statistics for each particular group by specific cross sections.