To place site ads using the Campaign Wizard, specify a link to the advertised page. Campaign Wizard suggests relevant settings, keywords, texts, and images at each step of creating an ad.
If no Yandex Metrica tag is installed on your site, the Campaign Wizard will suggest creating a site with an automatic tag and goals to pay only for conversions, for example, completing a form or making a call.
Users will see your ad in Yandex search results and on Yandex Advertising Network sites.
You can track your campaign's results in the statistics sections.
Create a campaign
Site availability monitoring will be enabled automatically. If the site is unavailable, ads will be stopped to avoid unnecessary budget spending.
- Step 1. Configure your ad layout
Based on your site, up to five options for the title and images and up to three options of texts will be selected. These ad elements will be combined with each other as your ads are served: check that all elements mutually match and are consistent with each other.
You can edit any setting or add your own option: talk about your offer, its benefits or features. Read our recommendations for writing ad texts.
You can use templates in your ad texts. Set the default keyword, putting a hash (“
#”) before and after it. Step 2, select Manual audience setup, then under related terms, specify the keywords that you want to insert into the template.
Over time, Yandex Direct will automatically choose the most effective combination and start serving it more often. You can check which elements are more effective and which need attention in campaign statistics.
- Add up to 2 videos to the ad. Size is no more than 100 MB and duration is between 5 and 60 seconds.
Format MP4, WebM, MOV, QT, FLV, AVI Size maximum 100 MB Duration Between 5 and 60 sec Recommended aspect ratio 16 : 9; 1 : 1; 9 : 16 Minimum resolution 360p Recommended resolution 1080p Video frame rate from 20 frames/second Video codecs H.264, VP6F, VP8, Theora Number of video tracks 1 Minimum quality 44 kHz, 16 Kbit/s, stereo Audio codecs AAC, MP3, Vorbis Number of audio tracks no more than 1 File codec avc1, F4V, isom, M4A, M4V, mmp4, mp41, mp42, qt Cover No Format MP4, WebM, MOV, QT, FLV, AVI Size maximum 100 MB Duration Between 5 and 60 sec Recommended aspect ratio 16 : 9; 1 : 1; 9 : 16 Minimum resolution 360p Recommended resolution 1080p Video frame rate from 20 frames/second Video codecs H.264, VP6F, VP8, Theora Number of video tracks 1 Minimum quality 44 kHz, 16 Kbit/s, stereo Audio codecs AAC, MP3, Vorbis Number of audio tracks no more than 1 File codec avc1, F4V, isom, M4A, M4V, mmp4, mp41, mp42, qt Cover NoNote. Videos created in Video Builder meet all the above requirements.
A well-chosen video attracts more attention to your ad and increases your conversion rate.
- Under Sitelinks, you'll see links to key pages on your site, like pages with discounts or descriptions of certain products. To edit, replace, or delete them, click .
- If your company is listed in Yandex Business, the contact information will be loaded from there automatically. If there are multiple addresses or phone numbers specified in Yandex Business, you can choose which data to show in the ad.
- Step 2. Define your audience
Set your display region.
Ads will be served for extended geotargeting:
- In search results: based on search queries or the user's regular region.
- In ad networks: based on the user's frequent location, regardless of current location.
You can't disable extended geotargeting in the Campaign Wizard. Revise your related queries to account for extended geotargeting. For more information, see How geotargeting works.
Select your retargeting method:
automatic: Yandex Direct will select relevant settings based on ad texts and the advertised page.
manual: You can set:
Categories for autotargeting (for the Conversions and traffic goal). You can't disable autotargeting for targeted queries.
Related terms: List the keywords your audience might use to search for you. We'll select interested users based on these keywords. Yandex Direct will select interested users based on these keywords. You can use characters and operators.
When launching a campaign, avoid narrowing down the coverage with negative keywords. First of all, look up the search keywords that triggered your ad in the search query statistics. Then add irrelevant queries as negative keywords.
When you switch from manual targeting to autotargeting, your settings are reset: all autotargeting categories are enabled, related terms with negative keywords are removed, serving on all devices is enabled, the gender is changed to any, and the age is changed to 18 years or older.
Specify interests and habits of the audience you want to serve ads for.
- Step 3. Specify the campaign goals and budget
Yandex Metrica tags are added to your campaign automatically, but if it didn't happen for some reason, then add them manually in the Enter the tag ID field.
Select your campaign goals under Conversions. Specify how much you are willing to pay per conversion.
- Order from a site or app
Select one goal per each sales funnel that starts with an action on your site. For example, placing an order using a shopping cart, purchase in one click, callback, and so on.
You can specify the cost-revenue ratio for the goal “Ecommerce: purchase” with e-commerce enabled or for goals relating to orders from CRM transmitted via the conversion center or Yandex Metrica. For this, in the drop-down menu next to the goal, select Cost revenue ratio and enter its value.
If you sell by placing or receiving calls from your customers, use these goals for optimization. Learn more about call tracking.
- Offline conversions
Yandex Direct can evaluate the effect of online ads on your offline sales and use them during optimization. Learn more about transmitting conversions.
- Other conversions
Specify other conversions that are relevant to your business. For example, email newsletter subscription.
Define the weekly budget. It should cover at least ten conversions for the most expensive goal.
Yandex Direct will spend money within the specified amount. The campaign will run as long as there is money on the account.
Yandex Direct predicts the number of clicks or conversions within your budget. This calculation is not 100% accurate.
Placements are selected automatically to ensure optimal achievement of the campaign goals for the specified budget. You can't select placements and add blocked sites in the Campaign Wizard.
Choose a payment model: Per click or Per conversion.
The strategy will be selected automatically depending on your settings:
- If you set a single goal with its cost specified and “Pay-per-conversion” selected, then the campaign will bring you maximum conversions for the goal.
- If you set multiple goals with their costs specified and “Pay-per-conversion” selected, you will get maximum conversions for all the goals. When multiple conversions are completed, you are charged for each one.
- If you set one or more goals with their costs specified and “Pay-per-click” selected, you will get maximum conversions for the goals, and the weekly average CPA for each goal will tend to approach the specified CPA. The average CPA is calculated as an average weekly ratio of ad spending to the number of conversions. You will pay per click through to your site.
- If you select the “Ecommerce: purchase” or another goal you are transmitting revenue for, specify the cost revenue ratio, and choose “Pay-per-click”, you will receive maximum conversions for the goal, and your cost revenue ratio will be maintained within the specified percentage. You will pay per click through to your site.
- If you select multiple goals without setting their values and use “Pay-per-click”, you will get maximum conversions within the given weekly budget. You'll be charged for click throughs to your site, and Yandex Direct will select the audience that is most likely to convert.
- If you select no goals and select “Pay-per-click”, then the strategy is selected where Yandex Direct tries to bring the maximum engaged audience to your site within the specified budget.
Click Create campaign to submit it for moderation.
To edit the campaign later, click Save as draft.
As an advertising data operator, Yandex assigns each creative a unique identifier referred to as "token" when creating campaigns. It then uses this token to aggregate all your placement data and transmit it to the Unified Internet Advertising Registry (ERIR). Learn more about ad labeling.
Moderation, payment, and launch
After you create your campaign, it is moderated to make sure it meets the advertising requirements.
Your moderation results will be emailed to the address you provided when you registered in Yandex Direct.
Some campaign elements are moderated separately (for example, images). If one or more elements fail moderation, the campaign will start without them. The moderation status and comments are shown on the campaign page. You can delete or edit elements that failed moderation. The edited elements are re-submitted for moderation and added to the campaign if they succeed.
Your ads will begin displaying as soon as Yandex receives your payment.
When you launch a campaign, its page shows basic information about its settings. To edit an active campaign, click on the parameter you want to change. Some parameters can't be edited (for example, Site). Edited parameters have to be moderated again.
Statistics are displayed on the campaign page. Under the settings section, you can find the general campaign statistics, with more detailed statistics on individual parameters shown below.
- CPC campaigns display statistics for impressions, clicks, and costs.
- CPA campaigns display statistics for impressions, clicks, conversions, CPA, and spending.
- Gender and age of the audience that saw your ad.
- Display regions.
- Device type.
- Most popular keywords used to find you.
Besides the keywords you set, the How users find you section summarizes statistics for the parameter Automatic targeting based on your ad. In real time, Yandex Direct selects users whose queries and interests match the text of your ad. This helps you reach more potential customers.
Sometimes, the parameter value might be zero. For example, the share of one display region is 0%, but there are impression statistics for it. This means that the ad was shown in the region, but impressions failed to bring any ad clicks or conversions for your site.
The section with statistics on autotargeting categories lists the search queries for which your ad was served.
Under Ad elements, you can find statistics on the effectiveness of each ad element in the selected campaign. The effectiveness metric accounts for both the overall attractiveness of the ad element for the user and the expected conversion rate. Titles are compared with titles, texts with texts, and so on. Sitelinks are added to all ad combinations, hence their effectiveness isn't calculated.
Effectiveness calculation starts after the system accumulates source data for the element. If an ad element was added or removed within the selected period, you will get a warning that statistics are available for an incomplete period.
To view full statistics, select the period in which ad elements didn't change. For example, the first version of the title was added on 20.09 and the second one was added on 21.09. To compare them, you need to select a start date on 21.09 or later.