How to launch a campaign
- Step 1. Go to the campaign creation page and make settings
Click Expert mode and select your ad goal: Reach on Yandex services.. ChooseEnter the campaign name. Make settings:
- Select a product: for each product, you can see the maximum and minimum number of impressions, expiration date, and CPM.
- Set the campaign start and end dates. The campaigns are placed strictly by calendar week, so make sure that the campaign starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. The campaign dates can't be after the product validity dates.
- Specify the number of impressions you want to get. It must be within the values specified in the product description.
- If available, you can change the following parameters:
- Display regions (pick from the list available for the selected product).
- Specify the Yandex Metrica tag on your website.
- If the campaign meets the Brand Lift criteria, run the Brand Lift survey.
- Step 2. Create an ad group.
For this ad group, set up:
- Display regions (pick from the list available for the selected product)
- Step 3. Add creatives
On the ad group creation page, click. Upload an image or HTML5 banner from your computer or choose a previously added banner.
More about requirements for creatives. The banners must also meet the moderation requirements and formatting requirements:
Specify up to three links to the website. Make sure that the sequential number of the link matches the clickNum parameter value when calling the method
homeExpandableDesktopBannerAPI.clickAndClose(clickNum)from the banner code.
- Step 4. Enter a Yandex Audience pixel and impression tag
- You can use the Yandex Audience pixel to develop different scenarios of connecting with your display ad audience. The pixel is special code embedded in your advertising materials.
Create a pixel in Yandex Audience. For more information, see Yandex Audience Help.
Add the pixel code to the banner. After the impressions begin, the pixel starts to collect anonymous identifiers of users who have seen your ad. You can use this data when you set up your retargeting.
You can use the ADFOX tag or Yandex Metrica pixel to count ad impressions for display ads. The tag or pixel must include the
%random%macro. They must also support HTTPS.
As an advertising data operator, Yandex assigns each creative a unique identifier referred to as "token" when creating campaigns. It then uses this token to aggregate all your placement data and transmit it to the Unified Internet Advertising Registry (ERIR). Learn more about ad labeling.
Ad moderation and launching a campaign
After you create your ads, they are checked for compliance with the design requirements and moderation rules: In order to pass moderation, also make sure that you have enough funds on your shared account to pay for placement. If you can't deposit the total amount in full now, write to your Manager at Yandex.
On the campaign page, click terms of ad placement on Yandex. It usually takes the moderators a few hours to review ads.and confirm that you agree with the
Your moderation results will be emailed to the address you provided when you created the ad campaign.
Your ads will begin displaying as soon as Yandex receives your payment. It may take up to one day to activate impressions, regardless of the launch method.
“Premium billboardβ” campaigns that have a fixed CPM are placed on Yandex services for the period specified in the campaign settings. Your campaign may be stopped due to your site malfunctioning or another technical reason. If you decide to stop your campaigns ahead of time, you'll be charged the full cost of services. The cancellation terms are set forth in the Procedure for Placement of Materials on Yandex Internet Media Places.
You can check the campaign status in the Status column. To set up the column display, click Columns on the campaign page.