With video ads in Yandex Direct, you can reach a multi-million audience in the Yandex Video Network, including people who never watch TV. Video ads can help you improve your brand perception and awareness, generate interest in your brand, expand your reach, and increase sales.
Formats of ad units
- Instream or multiroll — a video embedded in the video stream to be played back before, in the middle, or at the end of the main video.
- Outstream — a video embedded on website pages.
- Interstitial — a video ad played in a mobile app before loading or changing content.
- Rewarded video — an ad played in mobile gaming apps. For watching an ad, the user gets a reward or in-game currency.
Benefits of video advertising in Yandex Direct
- Placement on high-quality sites only
Video ads are placed in the Yandex Video Network. It includes Yandex services and more than 200 Yandex Advertising Network sites (TV channels, movie streaming services, and other resources). Ads are only displayed in the legal content of trusted partners.
- Target your audience
You have the flexibility to narrowly target your video ads to users based on key characteristics (interests, income, gender, and age). You can even target users who interacted with your site previously or visited certain sections of it.
- Cross-scenarios for communication with video audience
Build a segment of users who have watched the video in full or partially and reach out to them through contextual advertising.
- Counting impressions using IAB and MRC
Yandex uses strict viewability criteria: video impressions count after two seconds, provided that at least 50% of the video player area* is continuously present in the viewable area of the screen.
How we include impressions and clicks
You can pay for video impressions or views. Impressions are counted according to the IAB and MRC standards: after two seconds of serving a video, provided that at least 50% of the video player area is continuously present in the viewable area of the screen.
If you select pay-per-view, one of the following events count:
- Viewing 100% of the video if the video is shorter than 30 seconds.
- Viewing 30 seconds of the video if the video is longer than 30 seconds.
- Click on the link to the advertiser site.
Clicking the Skip button counts neither as a view nor as an impression.