How to launch a campaign with video banners
- Step 1. Go to the campaign creation page and make settings
Click. Select your advertising goals:
- In the Campaign Wizard, click Recognition and reach.
- In the expert mode, click Reach in Yandex Advertising Network or Reach on a new Yandex Browser tab.
Enter the campaign name.
Enter start and end dates for your campaign and a display strategy. We recommend automatic strategies:
- Lower cost for repeat impressions to launch new products and services on the market.
- Maximize impressions for lowest price to promote products and services with a target audience.
You can also cap impression frequency to limit how many times your campaign ads can be served to the same user.
- Step 2. Select ad type
Select banners as the ad type.
Enable the Video banners option.
All the ads in an ad group must be the same type, although a campaign can include all types of ads. You can't change the ad type after saving an ad group.
Select the display regions.
- Step 3. Configure audience accumulation for retargeting
You can accumulate an audience of users who have viewed a video from your campaign with a fixed CPM and then use it to configure retargeting.
Choose the events that interest you:
- video impression
- completed 25%, 50%, or 75% of video ad
- completed entire video
A separate segment is created automatically for each event in Yandex Audience, under the account hosting the Yandex Direct campaign. It will include users who started viewing or viewed 25%, 50%, or 75% of at least one video from the ad group (depending on the selected event).
To learn more, see Retargeting to a video audience.
- Step 4. Set up impression criteria
Ads from display campaigns are only served in the Yandex Advertising Network based on keywords, user profiles, or genres and subjects. You can only select one type of impression criteria per ad group. You cannot change the type of impression criteria after you save the ad group.
- User profile
A user profile consists of the cumulative characteristics of the users that you want to serve your ads to. These include gender, age, and online interests. Determine what your particular audience looks like and create a profile based on that data.
Keywords determine the site content and user interests that may trigger your ad impressions in the Yandex Advertising Network. For example, an ad about tours to Mars might be displayed on a page about traveling, or shown to a user who is interested in flights to Mars.
- Genres and subjects
Ads are served on the Advertising Network sites with the selected subjects or instream videos of the specified genres and subjects. For example, an ad for skiing equipment can be displayed on a page about sports and active holidays, and a restaurant ad can be displayed in a cooking video.
Check how many users may see ads from a particular group using the reach forecast.Note. If you have selected an automatic strategy and targeting based on user profiles, go to the strategy settings after you have saved the ad group. The average price recommendation will be updated based on the size of creatives and impression criteria. This will ensure efficient budget spending over the period.
- Step 5. Add a creative
Design a creative using Ad Builder. For your creative, select an image file (JPG or PNG, up to 150 KB) and a video clip: in 16 : 9 format, preferably up to 15 seconds in length.
After saving an ad, you can only replace the creative for that ad with other components of the same size.
- Step 6. Enter a Yandex Audience pixel and impression tag
- You can use the Yandex Audience pixel to develop different scenarios of connecting with your display ad audience. The pixel is special code embedded in your advertising materials.
Create a pixel in Yandex Audience. For more information, see Yandex Audience Help.
Add the pixel code to the banner. After the impressions begin, the pixel starts to collect anonymous identifiers of users who have seen your ad. You can use this data when you set up your retargeting.
You can use the ADFOX tag or Yandex Metrica pixel to count ad impressions for display ads. The tag or pixel must include the
%random%macro. They must also support HTTPS.
As an advertising data operator, Yandex assigns each creative a unique identifier referred to as "token" when creating campaigns. It then uses this token to aggregate all your placement data and transmit it to the Unified Internet Advertising Registry (ERIR). Learn more about ad labeling.
- The total number of users is shown on the right. The number depends on the display regions you selected in the campaign settings, list of prohibited sites, and ad inventory adjustments.
- On the left, you'll see the number of users that could potentially see banners from the group. User profile settings, uploaded banner settings, display regions set for the ad group, and ad inventory adjustments are taken into account.
The values are also affected by disabling impressions for specific users through bid adjustments (minus 100%) set for a campaign or group. Weather bid adjustments are ignored.
Any changes you make to the campaign or ad settings immediately affects estimated data so you can evaluate your potential audience reach.
- A Yandex Audience segment based on location data (learn more in Yandex Audience Help).
- A Yandex Audience segment that was created less than 6 hours ago or more than two weeks ago and was not used in Yandex Direct.
- Bid adjustments for weather.
Ad moderation and launching a campaign
Click Send to moderation and confirm that you accept Yandex's terms for publishing your ad.
Moderators will check whether the ad follows the guidelines. It usually takes the moderators a few hours to review ads. On weekends and holidays, moderation may take longer than on weekdays.
Your moderation results will be emailed to the address you provided when you created the ad campaign.
Ad serving will begin as soon as Yandex receives your payment.
After you launch your campaign, you can view what your ads look like on a site.