Step 2. Create your first ad campaign
Use Campaign Wizard to place your first ad campaign in a fast and easy way. With Campaign Wizard, you can create a campaign to promote your site or mobile app. You only need to provide a link to your advertised site page or a tracking link of your mobile app. Campaign Wizard suggests relevant settings, keywords, texts, and images at each step of creating an ad.
Let's see how to create a campaign for a site.
- Create a campaign
- Go to the Set up and run ads in 5 minutes window and enter the link to the site page you want to advertise.
Select Conversions and traffic.
- Customize the ad layout
Based on your site, up to five options for the title and images and up to three options of texts will be selected. Edit them if needed: tell users about your offer, its advantages or features. Take a minute to explain what you are selling and who can benefit from your product or service: this will help autotargeting to select the most relevant audience for you. Our recommendations for titles and texts.
If you have images that would help users understand the value of your offer better, upload them.
Ad elements will be combined when served. Make sure that all of them are mutually compatible and don't contradict each other.
Add up to two videos to the ad. Properly selected videos attract more attention to your ads and increase the conversion rate.
Under Sitelinks, you'll see links to key pages on your site. like pages with discounts or descriptions of certain products. You can delete the suggested options and add your own.
If your organization is listed in Yandex Business, the contact information will be loaded from there.
On the right of the preview section, check how your ads will look in search results and in the Yandex Advertising Network.
Specify the display region: add only the regions where your product or service is available. Start with one city or location on the map (you can add more later).
Select the automatic retargeting method. Yandex Direct will select relevant settings based on the text in your ad and the advertised page.
- Campaign budget and goals
Define the weekly budget. It should cover at least ten conversions for the most expensive goal.
Yandex Direct will spend money within the specified weekly budget. The campaign will run as long as there is money on the account.
Tags are added automatically. If that doesn't happen, add them manually in the Yandex Metrica tags field.
For your campaign to perform well, specify relevant goals: actions of your site users that are important for your business. It's a good idea to select goals marked green. If your goal is too deep down the funnel and has few completions, use a more achievable goal higher up the funnel: for example, “Cart” rather than “Purchase”.
If you have several points of contact on your site (call, messenger, form), you can add all the goals to optimize your campaign for all of them.
The strategy will be selected automatically depending on your settings:
- If a single goal is set with its cost specified and pay-per-conversion selected, then the campaign will bring you maximum conversions for the specified goal.
- If multiple goals are set with their costs specified and pay-per-conversion selected, you will get maximum conversions for all the specified goals. When multiple conversions are completed, you are charged for each one.
- If you select multiple goals without a value and with pay-per-click, you will get maximum conversions for the specified weekly budget. You'll be charged for click throughs to your site, and Yandex Direct will select the audience that is most likely to convert.
- If the tag isn't installed or no goals are set, then the strategy is selected where Yandex Direct tries to bring the maximum engaged audience to the site within the specified budget.
Leave the other settings as they are and click Create campaign to submit it for moderation. To revise your campaign later, click Save as draft.
After you create your campaign, it is moderated to make sure it meets the advertising requirements.
Your moderation results will be emailed to the address you provided when you registered in Yandex Direct.
Some campaign elements are moderated separately (for example, images). If one or more elements fail moderation, the campaign will start without them. The moderation status and comments are shown on the campaign page. You can delete or edit elements that failed moderation. The edited elements are re-submitted for moderation and added to the campaign if they succeed.
Yandex will start serving your ads as soon as we receive your payment.