Step 1. Create a campaign
Click Add → Campaign. In the Expert mode tab, select Unified performance campaignβ.
- Specify the advertised page: the website you're creating an ad campaign for. The website's Yandex Metrica tags and goals as well as the organization's addresses will be automatically added to the campaign.
Select all sites under ad placements or choose the sites manually.
- Product gallery in search results: Advertise your offers in the carousel of products from different stores above the search results.
- Search results: Attract users who are looking for your products and services right now.
- Yandex Advertising Network: Reach users of dozens of thousands of sites who might be interested in your products and services.
The start date for your campaign will be set automatically. It is the date the campaign was created. You can set a different start date for your campaign. Your ads will start being served immediately after they pass moderation and are paid for.
You can also set an ending date for your campaign and your ads will automatically stop being served on that date.
- If you want to serve ads at a specific time, configure time targeting.
Specify contact information in ads. You can link your company from Yandex Business or add it right on the campaign settings page. After that, your company's data will appear in all your new ads as the contact information.
Ads in Yandex Maps can display your company's photos, rating, and reviews. This will make your ad more noticeable and increase the click-through rate.
On Yandex Search, your company's data will be used as your contact information.
Under URL parameters, specify your shared UTM tags and dynamic campaign parameters. They will help you track the ad placement results. Tags and parameters are automatically added to each link in every ad: to links, sitelinks, and the button. Learn more about UTM tags.
Add a promo. This is an ad extension that includes a brief description of the promo and a special label. It is shown in search results if the ad gets the first premium placement. In the YAN, the serving of extensions with ads is governed by the Smart Design algorithm. When clicking the extension, the user can be forwarded to a site page or app page that is different from the page linked in the ad.
You can only add one promo per campaign. You can also specify promos for ad groups.
Enable the Apply recommendations automatically option. The algorithm adjusts the campaign settings as soon as enough statistics are accumulated for the campaign and optimization points are found.
If you want to make additional tweaks, go to the advanced settings.
- Bid adjustments
Use bid adjustments to raise or lower the CPC when ads are being served to a specific audience. Adjustments let you get more traffic when you serve your ads to your target audience than you would have under the non-adjusted bid rate.
- Negative keywords
Add negative keywords to prevent ads from being served for non-relevant searches. Note that they will be ignored when serving product ads in ad networks.
- Site monitoring
Site monitoring keeps track of your site's availability and automatically suspends ad impressions in order to avoid wasting your advertising budget. Impressions resume automatically once the site becomes available.
- Extended geotargeting
- Enable this option to show your ads when a user's search includes the name of the display region. This option is not available for smart banners.
Create an experiment in Yandex Audience. You can add up to 5 experiments to a campaign. Specify the audience segment you want to serve ads to and configure bid adjustments for segments.
- Disable impressions
- Platforms: You can specify the sites where you don't want to serve your ads, separating each site with a comma.
- IP addresses: While you're experimenting with your ads, you can limit impressions for users with a certain IP addresses. You can enter up to 25 IP addresses.
Excluding sites and ad networks may negatively affect the performance of your ad campaign and cause you to lose some of your potential audience.
- Ad prioritization
Specify how to select an ad if keywords of multiple ads from different groups match the search query:
- With the best combination of indicators: Select the best ad by CTR, quality coefficient, and bid per click. Selected by default.
- By the keyword closest to the query: Select the ad with the most relevant keyword. Use this setting when there is a clear distinction between ad groups in terms of keyword subjects and ad texts.
- Information about the business in ads on Yandex Maps
If you want users to see your company data when your ads display in Yandex Maps, enable this option.
- Click Continue to create an ad group and set up its targeting.