Log in to Yandex
- Configure login methods
- Switch between accounts
- How to log in to Yandex on a third-party device safely
To use Yandex personal services (Yandex.Mail, Yandex.Disk, and so forth), log in to your account using one of the following methods:
- Enter your username and password on the service.
- Scan a QR code in the Yandex app.
- Select a social network where you already have an account.
- Scan a QR code in Yandex Key if you have two-factor authentication enabled.
Configure login methods
- Open the Security tab.
- In the Login method section, click on the current login method and select:
- Password + SMS : This is safer than logging in with just a password. To log in, you need to enter your password first, and then an SMS code. In this case, even if hackers have learned your password, they won't be able to log into your account without access to your phone.
- Yandex Key : This is the most secure method. To log in, you need to enter a one-time password from the Yandex Key app.
- Standard password: This is the simplest method. To log in, you just need to enter your password. This is not a secure method, because hackers who learned your password can easily log into your account.
Switch between accounts
If you have multiple Yandex accounts, you can switch between them without entering your username and password. To do this, click your profile picture in the upper-right corner and select an account from the list or add a new one.
You can also select an account you use on other Yandex services that support this function. The account you select will be the main one and will be used to log in to services that currently don't allow you to switch between accounts.
You can add up to 15 accounts to the list. To delete an account from the list, switch to that account and click Log out. That account will disappear from the list and you will automatically be logged in to the next one.
How to log in to Yandex on a third-party device safely
After logging in to Yandex, you will only have to enter your password again on this device if you don't log in to Yandex services for three months or more. This is convenient for personal or home computers, but can be dangerous on public computers (for example, in an internet cafe): if you forget to log out of your account, the next person with the same computer will get access to your data.
To secure your account on someone else's computer, use incognito mode in the browser.
If there is no browser that supports incognito mode on the computer:
Turn off the autofill and passwords saving options.
- Log out of your account — click your portrait in the upper-right corner and choose Log out in the drop-down menu.
- Clear the cache again and delete cookies.
- If you forgot to log out of your account on someone else's device, click the Log out on all devices link on the Security tab.