Logging in to Yandex with a one-time password
To log in with a one-time password, first add an account in the Yandex Key app. If you've added multiple accounts, make sure to switch to the one you need.
Logging in with a one-time password
Enter the username you used to register your Yandex ID and click Log in.
Enter a one-time password from the Yandex Key app.
How to get a one-time password in the Yandex Key app
Open the Yandex Key app.
Switch to the account you need.
Copy the one-time password from the app. Yandex Key generates one-time passwords every 30 seconds.
- To copy the current Yandex Key password to another app, click next to the password.
- It makes no sense to save one-time passwords. They expire as soon as you use it to log in to Yandex, or every 30 seconds.
Log in via QR code
You can log in to Yandex services by simply pointing your camera at the QR code. Your mobile device must be online so that the Yandex Key app can connect to the authentication server.
If the service or app doesn't support this login method, you can log in to your account using a one-time password.
To log in with a QR code:
- Enter the username you used to register your Yandex ID, and click Log in.
The QR code will be displayed in the window that opens.
- Open the Yandex Key app, tap Log in with QR code, and point your camera at the QR code.
If the Yandex Key app detects the QR code, it sends your username and one-time password to Yandex and you log in automatically in the browser. If the QR code isn't scanned correctly, you see an error message. If you entered an invalid PIN code when logging in to your account, then you won't be able to log in using the QR code.
I can't log in using a one-time password
- Go to your personal account and make sure that logging in with Yandex Key is enabled (that "One-time password" or "Password + one-time password" is chosen as the login method).
- Make sure that you have entered a current one-time password from the Yandex Key app. The app generates a new one-time password every 30 seconds.
- If you enabled logging in with a one-time password in a Yandex Key version earlier than 3.0 or 3.2.2 and later, then you'll be prompted to enter the PIN code from your account when logging in. You created it when setting up this login method. If you enter the pin code incorrectly, one-time passwords won't work. To solve the problem, log in to your account again and try entering the PIN code one more time. If you don't remember it, fill in the Restore Access form.
- In generating one-time passwords, the Yandex Key app factors in the current time and time zone set on your device. When an internet connection is available, the app also requests the exact time from the server. If the device's time is set incorrectly, then the app will correct it. Please note that in some situations, even after the app makes a correction the one-time password will be incorrect.
If you're sure that you entered your password correctly, but you can't log in:
Make sure that you have the correct time and time zone set on your device. Then, try logging in with a new one-time password.
Connect your device to the internet so that the Yandex Key app can get the exact time on its own. Then, restart the app and try entering your new one-time password.
If the problem still doesn't resolve, please use the form below to the Support Dept.