On the Security tab, you can:
- Change your password and set up authorization
In the Login method section, you can:
- Change your password if you don't have logging in with a one-time password enabled.
- Configure the Log in via QR code option.
- Add an external account to log in to Yandex without a password.
- View your login and device history
In the Activity section, you can:
- View locations and devices you used to log in, and changes in settings. If you see an action you didn't perform, hover over it and click That wasn't me.
- View devices, services, and accounts that can access your Yandex ID. To deny access, select a device or an app and click Remove.
- Log out of your account on all devices if you suspect that your Yandex ID was hacked.
- Provide data for access restoration
In the Recovery methods section, you can add more data to ensure additional protection and make it easier to restore access to the account:
- Link your social network account
- Linking your social account lets you quickly log in to Yandex without a password:
- In the Access to your data section, click Add external accounts.
- Select the social network icon.
- Log in to your social network if you have not signed in yet using your current browser.
- Allow access to your public data if your social network account is not yet known to Yandex.
- Click Continue.
- Set app passwords
- Using app passwords, you can manage third-party apps' access to your account. For example, a password that you create for your mail client doesn't allow access to Yandex.Disk using the WebDAV protocol. Read more in App passwords.