Someone might have hacked my account
If you notice something strange while using Yandex (for example, friends receive emails from you that you didn't send, or there are certain actions in the activity history that you didn't perform), your account may have been hacked.
Protect your computer from viruses
To protect yourself from viruses in the future, install an antivirus and firewall if you haven't yet. You can choose a free antivirus from our list. Regularly scan your computer for viruses and don't forget to update your antivirus databases.
Check the access settings and change your password
A hacker who managed to log in to Yandex on your behalf can connect their recovery tools and get access to your account even if you change your password. Follow the instructions below to prevent this from happening.
- If you can't log in to your account
- If you can log in to your account
Make sure that the hacker can't access your account. Change your password:
Make sure that there aren't any unfamiliar numbers on the Phone numbers page and that your secure number hasn't been changed or deleted.
Link your phone number to your account if you haven't already. A current phone number provides better account protection than an alternate email address or a security question.
Delete unfamiliar addresses on thepage.
Keep in mind that you own all the addresses with your username on Yandex domains, for example
<your username>@yandex.kz, and
<your username>@ya.ru. These are aliases of your email address. You can't delete them.
- If you log in to Yandex using your social network account, make sure that your account was not hacked; hackers can get access to your Yandex data through Facebook, VK, etc.
- Change password for your account to block access for those who might know your password.
- If you use Android or iOS devices, set up logging in using a one-time password. That's the most secure way to protect your Yandex ID.
Check your Yandex.Mail and Yandex.Disk
If your account was hacked, make sure that there isn't any malicious activity still going on.
Check the visit history. If Yandex.Mail was hacked (someone else logged in to your account):
For more information on how your account may have been hacked and how to protect it, read Protect your account.