Enter the recipient's address in the To field or select the contact from the address book. As soon as you start typing the first letters of a name, surname, or email address, you will see a list of matching contacts.
To search names or surnames, you can use Cyrillic instead of Latin characters and vice versa. For example, to search for “Cheshire Cat”, you can enter either a Latin “c” or Cyrillic “ч”. The recipients who you most recently wrote to appear first in the list of suggestions.
You can send your message to several recipients at one time. To do this, enter several addresses separated by commas and spaces in the To field. For example:
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have one main recipient and several optional recipients, type the main address in the To field and then type the remaining addresses in the Cc field.
Every recipient will be able to see all the addresses entered in the To and Cc fields. If you want to hide certain addresses, then simply move them to the Bcc field.
To move an address from the To field to another field (for example, Cc), drag the address you need by pressing and holding the left mouse button.
Select the sender's address
You can write to friends and colleagues from different addresses. You can use your main Yandex email address for one situation and email aliases and a mailbox hosted on another service (like Gmail or Mail.Ru) for others.
Choose an address to send messages from
- For all messages
You can choose an address to use in the Sender information section. This will be your default address for all emails. It will also be displayed in the upper-right corner on Yandex.Mail pages when you click the user's name and profile picture.
- For a specific message
You can choose which address to send a message from on the compose message page. The address you select will only be used for this particular message.
- Click the Cс, From ˅ button in the upper-right corner.
- Click the name in the From field.
Format the text body
Use the formatting panel to change text to bold or italics, change the color or font size, create bulleted or numbered lists, insert a picture, and so on.
If you want to disable formatting, select part of the text and click .
Add a file
Upload from a computer
- Under the email text box, click.
- Select the files you want on your PC and then click Open.
If you attached a file by mistake, click in the upper-right corner of its thumbnail.
Many mail services don't accept attachments larger than 10 MB. If you're not sure that your attachment can be sent as is, send it in parts (in several messages) or attach the desired files to your message via Yandex.Disk.
Attach from Yandex.Disk
- Under the email text box, click.
- Select a file or folder and then click Attach.
The recipient will receive a message with links to download the attachments. The download links to the attachments will only be available to users who participate in the conversation.
If you can't attach a file from Yandex.Disk, it may be because you ran out of space there. To learn more, go to Help for Yandex.Disk.
Add from mail attachments
You can attach a file from a list of all the files you ever sent or received.
- Under the email text box, click.
- Select the folder that contains the email with the desired attachment.
- Select the file and click Attach.
Attach a picture
There are several ways to insert an image into the email body (instead of adding it as an attachment):
- Using the clipboard
- Copy the image to the clipboard: for example, if you want an image from another site, right-click it and select Copy image.
- Open the compose an email page, right-click the place on this page where you want to insert the image, and click Paste.
- Dragging and dropping from a computer
- Drag and drop the image on the compose an email page.Note. If you drag and drop an image to the text box, the image will be inserted into the message body. If you drag and drop an image below the text box, it will be attached to the email.
Choose a signature
If you have several signatures, you can choose a specific one when composing a message, or set up signature auto-selection.
- Move the cursor to the current signature.
- Click the that appears in the upper-right corner of the signature block.
- Choose a signature.
- By address
To use a signature when sending messages from a specific mail alias, select the option Link to address and choose the email address.
- By message language
Yandex.Mail can change your signature depending on your the language of the message (for instance, a signature in Turkish would be used if you were writing a message in that language). To use this signature in replies to messages in another language, assign it to that language in Your signatures:
- Move your cursor over the upper right corner of your signature.
- Click the icon that appears.
Select the language needed from the list.
- Click Save.
Take a break
When you write a message, all changes you make are automatically saved as a draft every 10 seconds. You can take a break at any time and return to the message later. To collapse the edit window, click in the upper-right corner of the window. To expand it again, click the email tab in the lower-right corner of Yandex.Mail.
Create a message template
If you frequently send similar or identical messages (e.g., invitations or CVs), you can save them as templates. Unlike drafts, templates will not disappear once your message is sent. All templates are reusable, so you can easily compose template-based emails to your partners, colleagues, or friends.
To create a template:
- Write an email and enter a subject. Add an attachment, if necessary.
- Once the template is ready, click:
All templates you create are saved in a special folder. They contain only the subject, attachments, and message body text (no recipients).
Send your message
When your message is ready, click Send.
After the email is sent, you can't recall it.
If you want to receive a delivery report, click(under the email text box) before sending the message.
Once the message is successfully delivered, a report will be sent to your mailbox.
If you send an important letter that requires a response, you can set a reminder if a response isn't received in a certain certain period of time.
To do this, before sending your message:
- Click(under the email text box).
- Set a date that you can wait until to receive a response.
If the recipient doesn't respond within the period you specified, you will receive a reminder to send the message again.
To view email awaiting response, click under the list of folders. If you don't want to wait for a response anymore, open the email and click Don't wait.
If you want your message to be sent on a certain date and time:
- Click the button under the text input field.
- Specify when to send the message: select one of the options or set the date and time manually.