To delete a message, simply select it and click Delete. As a result, the message will be moved to the Deleted folder. If you deleted an email by mistake and want to restore it, open the Deleted folder and move the email back to the appropriate folder.
Delete all messages in a folder
- In the upper-right corner, click.
- Choose Folders and labels.
- Choose a folder and click Empty.
- Choose if you want to move emails to Trash or delete them permanently.Note. You won't be able to restore the emails you delete forever.
- Click Empty.
To permanently delete email messages (so that they can't be restored):
- To the right of Trash, click Empty.
Even if you cleared your Trash folder accidentally, you won't be able to restore the messages without a backup.
Recover deleted messages
If the emails were deleted less than a month ago, you can restore them. To do this, go to Trash, select the messages you wish to restore, click To folder, and choose the folder from the list.
If the missing emails are not found under Deleted, it is possible that a month has passed since they were moved to Deleted and that the folder was emptied automatically. This means you can't restore them.