Automatic message sorting by folder
If you receive a lot of messages from various senders (such as from work, friends, and social networks), you can use Yandex Mail to sort them into folders. To set up automatic message sorting:
- In the upper-right corner, click.
- Select Message filters.
- Click Create filter.
- Under Apply, choose the type of message to apply the filter to:
- Under If, set the filter conditions:
To learn more about creating filters, see this dedicated article.
- You can specify several conditions for one filter. These conditions can be met simultaneously or separately:
- In the If block click Add condition.
- Specify if these conditions must be met simultaneously:
- For emails to automatically go to specific folders, enable the option Put in folder and then select a folder from the list on the right. If you want emails to be automatically marked with a specific label, enable the Apply label option and then select a label from the list on the right.
Messages are placed in the Inbox if no filter is enabled or no condition is met.Tip. To set basic sorting filters, go to . Select the folder or label you need and click Create a rule. Specify the conditions for sorting emails and then click Create filter again.
Auto-sorting doesn't work
There are a few reasons why this might occur:
- Yandex ID doesn't have all your information
https://passport.yandex.com/passport?mode=passporthttps://passport.yandex.com/profile/phones Enter your valid personal details in Yandex ID and link your phone number to your account. It may be that our security system considers your account suspicious and blocked the mailbox. This usually happens if you don't link a phone number to your mailbox or enter a fake name in Yandex ID. It usually takes a couple of hours to have your account unblocked.Enter your valid personal details in Yandex ID and link your phone number to your account.
- Not enough time has passed since configuring the filter
Wait a few minutes after setting up a message filter, because it might not begin working immediately.
- The filtering conditions are specified incorrectly
Check the properties and parameters.
- There are filters with higher priority in the list of filters
If the list contains filters with the same conditions but a higher priority, or one of the filters with a higher priority has the Ignore other filters option selected, this may affect how the filter is implemented. For more details, please see Rule priority.
- Email imported by the mail importer is not in my Inbox
If you receive an email from another account of yours (meaning you have email importing enabled, and the email isn't in your Inbox), the filters don't apply.
If the filter hasn't started working after a few minutes and changing the settings doesn't help, contact Yandex Mail support using the feedback form at the bottom of the page.
Email messages are deleted or sorted into folders automatically
Make sure there are no mail filters that delete incoming messages or move them to other folders. If this is the case, try to disable them temporarily and see if the emails arrive to the Inbox folder.
If there is a filter that you didn't create, it was probably created automatically. This can happen if you move an email to another folder and click “Yes” on a pop-up that says “Move emails like this?”