Forwarding email to another address
- Incoming emails that are already in your Inbox.
- Sent email
- Outgoing emails
- Emails from the Spam folder.
- In the upper-right corner, click.
- Select Message filters.
- Click Create filter.
- Under Apply, choose the type of message to apply the filter to:
- Under If, set the filter conditions:
To learn more about creating filters, see this dedicated article.
- You can specify several conditions for one filter. These conditions can be met simultaneously or separately:
- In the If block click Add condition.
- Specify if these conditions must be met simultaneously:
- Enable the Forward to option and enter the address to forward messages to. To keep copies of forwarded messages, enable Save a copy when forwarding.Note. You can enter only one email address in the Forward to field. To forward emails to several mailboxes, create a forwarding rule for each address. For proper forwarding, enable save a copy when forwarding in all rules.
- Click Create filter. Enter your Yandex password.Note. If you have two-factor authentication enabled, use a one-time password generated by the Yandex Key app to log in.
- Check the mailbox that you entered for mail to be forwarded to. You will receive an email with instructions on how to confirm the forwarding. After confirmation, new emails will be redirected to the specified mailbox.
Forward old emails
If you want to forward old emails, you can set up mail import from another mailbox. In this case all messages will be moved to the Inbox folder and forwarded to the specified address.
- In the upper-right corner, click.
- Select Mail importer.
- Click .
- Enter the mailbox address from which you want to receive mail.
- Click Continue.
- In the window with access rights for external applications that appears, log in to the mailbox that you specified earlier.
- Save changes.
Forwarding doesn't work
There are a few reasons why this might occur:
- Yandex ID doesn't have all your information
https://passport.yandex.com/passport?mode=passporthttps://passport.yandex.com/profile/phones Enter your valid personal details in Yandex ID and link your phone number to your account. It may be that our security system considers your account suspicious and blocked the mailbox. This usually happens if you don't link a phone number to your mailbox or enter a fake name in Yandex ID. It usually takes a couple of hours to have your account unblocked.Enter your valid personal details in Yandex ID and link your phone number to your account.
- The filter isn't set up or your address hasn't yet been verified
Make sure that the filter is enabled on the Rules for processing email page and that the forwarding address is verified. Check for any incorrect characters in the address you entered.
- Not enough time has passed since configuring the filter
Wait a few minutes after setting up a message filter because it may take some time for it to be activated.
- The filtering conditions are specified incorrectly
Check the properties and parameters.
- There are filters with higher priority in the list of filters
If the list above contains rules with the same conditions, or one of the rules above has the Do not apply other rules option selected, this may impact how the rule is implemented. For more details, please see Rule priority.
- Email imported by the mail importer is not in my Inbox
If you receive an email from another account of yours (meaning you have email importing enabled, and the email isn't in your Inbox), the filters don't apply.
- The receiving mailbox has inbox filters enabled
If the receiving mailbox has filters that delete incoming email or move it to Spam, the messages will immediately disappear from the Inbox folder upon arrival.
The “Save copy” option is disabled, but message copies are still being saved
Perhaps a forwarding filter in the Perform action section includes Mark as read as one of the actions. In that case, a message copy would be saved automatically.