Segments help you identify the audience that matches a given criteria. For example, customers who recently made a purchase. When creating segments, you can use any data about customers (for example, orders) and their behavior on the site.
For convenience, use “quick segments” built by Yandex Metrica. They let you select an audience based on different business goals.
To create segments, go to the Yandex Metrica's Clients page. After you save a segment, the segment becomes available in Yandex Direct.
How do I use quick segments?
- Attract users that resemble your paying audience to your site.
- Set higher bids for your paying customers if you want to regularly remind them about your offer.
- Tell them about new promos and offers in your ads.
- Offer related products. For example, you can offer headphones to the users that bought a smartphone.
- Don't show ads to customers who already purchased the advertised product.
- Remind users to order regularly. For example, that they need to purchase more pet food.
- Select the Product purchased segment.
- Specify the product you need. You can also specify the period when it was purchased.
- Don't show ads aimed at new customers to users who placed an order very recently.
- Support the loyalty of your active customers with promos and special offers.
- Attract users that resemble your “hottest” audience to the site.
- Revive the interest of customers using special offers. For example, free delivery or discount coupons.
- Increase your bids when serving ads to customers who once purchased from you. This might increase the likelihood that they see an ad for a familiar brand and become interested again.
- Don't show ads to users who already purchased from you if you think that they are unlikely to come back.
- Attract a new audience to your site that is similar to your loyal customers.
- Increase bids when showing ads to your loyal customers to keep them engaged.
- Tell your regular customers about new promos and offers.
- Increase the bids for your premium audience. This way you can get more major purchases.
- Make a new offer to your premium customers.
- Attract a new audience to your site that is similar to your premium customers.
- Increase bids when showing ads to your most valuable clients to keep them engaged and to bring them back to your website.
- Tell your most valuable customers about your special offers and private sales.
- Attract new users whose behavior resembles the most active customers to your site.
- Tell customers about your new promos and discounts. Maintain the interest of customers who remember you and visit your site.
- Offer better promos to your most loyal customers who not only visited the site, but also live or work nearby.