If you transmit call data to Yandex.Metrica, you can use special goals to more flexibly configure advertising campaigns in Yandex.Direct and track statistics in Yandex.Metrica.
- Call — counts any calls, including missed calls. The name and description of the goal can be whatever you like if the data is transmitted via the Yandex.Metrica API.
- Target Call — tracks calls in which the conversation lasted longer than 30 seconds.
- Unique Call — for tracking first-time calls.
- Unique Target Call — for tracking first-time calls with a duration longer than 30 seconds.
|Goal type / Data transfer method||Call tracking services||Yandex.Metrica API||Yandex.Telephony||Advertising in Yandex.Direct|
|Unique target call||—||—|
You can edit the names of goals or delete them from the list in Yandex.Metrica at any time.
If you want to apply a different conversation duration to track Target and Unique Target Calls, you can create this goal manually.
To view goal statistics, use the Conversions report and add the goal to other Yandex.Metrica reports. The data is displayed in reports after a user makes a call and the information is received by Yandex.Metrica — within 24 hours.
Creating a goal manually
- In Yandex.Metrica, go to the Goals page in the left menu.
- Click Add goal.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the goal to create.
- Select the goal type Calls.
- Specify which calls to create a goal for.
- Select the condition for matching the value:
- “matches”. Specify the tag in full, for example test-call.
- “contains”. Specify a part of the tag, for example call. Use this method if there are several similar tags and you need to track all such calls.
- “starts with”. Specify the beginning of the tag value, for example test-.
- “regular value”. Used to track tags corresponding to custom templates.
- Click Add goal. The created goal will appear in the list of goals. Yandex.Metrica will start collecting statistics on it within a few minutes.
Which calls can be tracked
You can track several types of calls in Yandex.Metrica:
- First-time calls — select theFirst-time type.
- Calls from people who have already called you — Repeated.
- Calls that were answered by your operators — Answered.
- Calls that went unanswered — Missed.
- Calls with a tag. If necessary, in the Tag field you can specify a value that can be used to provide more detail on the quality of a call or its result, among other things. For example, “price didn't suit client”. Make sure that the case and spelling of the tag match the case and spelling used in the call tracking system or when transmitting data via the API. Within one goal, correspondence with one tag is taken into account.
- Calls of a certain duration. You can specify the duration that you consider important for your business tasks. For example, 30 seconds. The duration can be specified for all types of calls listed above.
- This type of goal can't be used in Multi-step goals.
- A maximum of 200 goals can be set for each tag.
- The service registers a user that completes the same goal on the same tag no more than once per second.
- During a single user session, the service can register up to 400 completions of all the goals created for a tag.
- If you edit a tag or goal, previously collected information doesn't change.
- If you delete a goal, information collected for it, is no longer available in reports.