Use this type of goal to find out how many times visitors click a button or another clickable element on the website.
In Yandex.Metrica, you can create goals for specific buttons. Yandex.Metrica recognizes clickable website elements by the presence of the following tags: a, button, div, and input.
- In Yandex.Metrica, go to the Goals page in the left menu.
- Click Add goal.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the goal to create.
- Select the Button click type of goal.
- In the field, specify the website page that contains the button. By default, the most popular URL on the tag is shown. Click Go and select a button.
In Select an element mode, hover over the desired button, select it, and click Track clicks. To go to another page or open a pop-up window, select Interaction with the site mode.
- Click Add goal. The created goal will appear in the list of goals. Yandex.Metrica will start collecting statistics on it within a few minutes.
- Check whether the goal is working correctly.
Goal completion is registered when a user clicks the clickable element. To view goal statistics, use the Conversions report and add the goal to other Yandex.Metrica reports.
- This type of goal can't be used in Multi-step goals.
- The service registers a user that completes the same goal on the same tag no more than once per second.
- During a single user session, the service can register up to 400 completions of all the goals created for a tag.
- If you edit a tag or goal, previously collected information doesn't change.
- If you delete a goal, information collected for it, is no longer available in reports.
Questions and answers
The goal may work for the previous version of the code snippet.
If in the tag settings on the tab Filters the operation Replace https with http is enabled, button selection is not available.