Transitions back from payment systems
If you have links to payment systems on your site, you can use a special goal to track how many users returned to the site after clicking on them.
When a user returns to a site after clicking through to a payment system, its URL is passed to Yandex.Metrica via the referrer. If the user did not return to the site or the payment system URL was not passed to the referrer, no goal is achieved.
Yandex.Metrica does not track data about actions on the payment system's website (for example, payments). This means that returning from a payment system to a site does not always mean that a payment was made.
You can track traffic from the following systems:
- Perfect Money
- QIWI Wallet
- Wallet One
- Tinkoff Payment System
You can create a goal for all payment systems on the site. Yandex.Metrica recognizes payment systems by the presence of their URLs in the referrer when a user returns to the site.
- In Yandex.Metrica, go to the Goals page in the left menu.
- Click Add goal.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the goal to create.
- Select the goal type Transition back from payment system.
- Click Add goal. The created goal will appear in the list of goals. Yandex.Metrica will start collecting statistics on it within a few minutes.
- You can check whether the goal is working in the Conversions report. Data should appear in it. To check, perform a target action on the site. If Don't count my sessions is set as a filter, check the goals on the site in the browser's private mode (for example, Incognito mode in Yandex Browser).
To view goal statistics, use the Conversions report and add the goal to other Yandex.Metrica reports.
- This type of goal can't be used in Multi-step goals.
- The service registers a user that completes the same goal on the same tag no more than once per second.
- During a single user session, the service can register up to 400 completions of all the goals created for a tag.
- If you edit a tag or goal, previously collected information doesn't change.
- If you delete a goal, information collected for it, is no longer available in reports.