To find the information you need, simply enter your query in the search bar. If you want to make your search more accurate, use advanced search filters (the icon in the search bar) or query language directly when entering your query.
- After you log in to your Yandex account, your settings are linked to your user account. The settings are also saved on your computer (in a file) and remain valid until you change them.
- The settings are also linked to a specific browser: if you change the browser, Yandex search will have to be set up again. You will also need to update your settings if you delete all cookies (for example, when reinstalling your browser or operating system).
- If your computer is used by several people or has several browsers installed, you can configure settings for each user and browser separately.
To go to settings, scroll down the search results page and click Settings.
Customize search suggestions
To suggest your favorite websites and show personalized search results, Yandex uses your search history and website click-throughs from search results. Customize the options:
- Show search history: As soon as you start typing, Yandex offers suggestions, and the search results contain personal responses based on the history of previous queries. To disable this option, log in to Yandex.
- Show sites that you frequently visit: As soon as you click an empty search bar, there will appear suggestions of your favorite sites.
- Show the time of site visits: Search results will display the time you visited sites where you previously found answers to your queries.
- Show search result personalization tags: Personal responses that appear in search results will be marked with a special tag.
Exclude pages with “adult content” from search results
You can exclude documents that contain inappropriate language and “adult” content from search results. To do this, select the appropriate mode under Filter search results at the bottom of the page:
- Family search: Adult content and sites containing obscene language are completely excluded from search results (even if the query is clearly directed at finding such resources).
- Moderate filter: Sites “for adults” are excluded from search results if the query does not explicitly search for such resources (this mode is enabled by default).
- No filter: Search results include all the documents found for the query, including internet resources “for adults”.
You can also set up safe search using these resources:
- Hosts file. In the file, you need to enter the Yandex IP address with the family search preset.
For more information, see Filter adult content and Family search for organizations.
How Yandex arranges search results
Yandex analyzes how well the found document corresponds to the user's query. The more useful the response, the higher it is on the search results page.
Results are ranked automatically. Yandex takes into account the ease of site navigation, its structure, the quality of texts, advertising clutter, and other site properties.