How to become a partner
Video search is based on information that we receive independently in accordance with the search license, as well as data we receive from our partners.
In video search results, we select the videos that best match the user's query. Video content is processed automatically with algorithms similar to the ones used in web search, such as ranking, query parsing, and spam suppression. It's based on analyzing titles, descriptions, tags, and other video attributes.
Changes in Yandex video search
Yandex video search is going through some changes to make sites with video content even more convenient and transparent for users. Starting January 2022, video search will show site players using embed (iframe) technology (without opening the source site) only if one of the following conditions is met:
- The site owner and Yandex signed a cooperation agreement about the use of information.
- The site owner confirmed that the site's user agreement allows showing its player to third-party sites using embed (iframe) technology.
Otherwise, links to videos posted on your site will show up in search results without your player.
Advantages of displaying a site player using embed (iframe) technology:
- Your site player is displayed directly on the Yandex search results page.
- Your site gets an advantage when search results are ranked since it helps the user solve their task more quickly.
If your site only uses video embedded from other sites, you don't need to sign a cooperation agreement with Yandex about the use of information or send a link to your user agreement. The player from these sites isn't shown in the search results.
- Required documents
- A notification about the partner's consent to the terms of the cooperation agreement that's signed by a person authorized to act on behalf of the site administrator.
- A document that confirms the authority of the person who signed the consent notification. For example, a copy of a power of attorney or an order for appointment as general director.
- A copy of a certificate or other document confirming that the site belongs to the partner.
- Where to send documents
Send the document scans to email@example.com. Send the original of the consent notification and copies of the remaining documents to: ul. Lva Tolstogo, 16 119021 Moscow
- The right of a third party to show the user's content on their sites using embed (iframe) technology through the player of the Service.
- The right of the third party displaying the user's content on their sites using embed (iframe) technology through the player of the Service to create temporary technical copies of the user's content.
- The right of the third party displaying the user's content on their sites through the player of the Service with the help of embed (iframe) technology to create, by automatic means, previews of the user's content.
- The obligation of a user to upload to the Service and make publicly available only the content for which the user is the author or copyright holder.
- Transferable rights to third parties
By posting your video content through the use of our services, you grant us and each user of the Service a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to access and use your Content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Service, including displaying it on third-party websites through the Service's player and embed (iframe) technology, and you authorize the creation of temporary technical copies of content and video previews of such content by such third-party websites if needed.
The text of the user agreement (or EULA) must include the consent of users who upload video materials to the Service's site with the following terms:
If such provisions are present in your user agreement, you don't need to sign another agreement with Yandex. But Yandex reserves the right to make signing an agreement a prerequisite for displaying content using embed (iframe) technology for the following site categories:
Large sites (by the share of impressions in video search results).
Sites with a lot of user-generated content (UGC).
Sites with a lot of licensed content.
Sites that copyright holders have filed a complaint against.
For us to make sure that you have indeed made these provisions, paste the URL of your user agreement in the form below.
When videos will appear in search results
To have your video indexed by Yandex, add tags to the data describing it.
How fast your page is indexed by Yandex robots depends on various factors. On average, it takes about a week after the robot visits your page for your video to appear in search results. The robot usually crawls larger sites faster and more often.
Please note that your pages might not be on our crawling list, or you haven't changed them for a long time, and the robot may now visit your site less often. Let us know about your changes:
The video failed to appear in search results
If you did everything correctly (added tags, checked them with our validator, and waited for the robot to crawl the site), but the video never became available in our search results, our algorithms may have regarded it as a spam attempt. This may occur if:
Your videos are described in too much detail (they contain a lot of popular words).
Your videos aren't described well enough.
The video description contains profanity.
Your site doesn't meet the conditions of our partner program.
Try changing something in the page content and video description and wait for them to be reindexed.
If you think that something went wrong on our side (i.e., you aren't getting the expected result), please contact video search support. They'll pass your message on to the service's developers.
My site isn't in the video search results
If your question is about including your site in the general Yandex search, use the Yandex.Webmaster feedback page.