Campaign type, rotation
- Campaign types
- Dynamic monetization
- Promo campaigns
- Priority rotation method
- Rotation method by % of traffic
- Redefine rotation method at the placement level
Rotation is a block of campaign settings that affects the order in which campaigns are selected for serving.
The diagram shows how banners are selected for serving.
Campaign types allow you to be more flexible when managing site traffic and monetization. You can divide campaigns into the following types: guaranteed sales, without guarantees of repurchase volume, and your own promos.
- The Guarantee format with levels from 1 to 10 is used for all your campaigns.
- You can move a campaign to level 11 of dynamic monetization, and you can move your promo campaigns to levels 12–21.
- If you set up monetization of banner ads in your account, it's placed on level 11. You can change the level manually later.
We recommend that you use campaign types together with Monetization.
- Measuring campaigns.
- Campaigns with the by % of traffic rotation method.
- Campaigns of the on one page session type.
- Campaigns of the for specified period session type.
The Guarantee type is used for campaigns with guaranteed sales where there are ad delivery obligations.
Campaigns of the Guarantee type are placed on levels from 1 to 10.
The DM (Dynamic monetization) type allows the publisher to receive the highest revenue from impressions, letting the Yandex Advertising Network compete for impressions of non-guaranteed advertising campaigns.
With DM, you don't use levels or priorities when selecting a campaign to serve. Prioritization is based on CPM. You need to specify the CPM for such campaigns.
You receive additional income because each impression of the campaign added to the DM is reweighted by the price with the potential Yandex Advertising Network impression. As a result, the impression with a high CPM is always selected for serving. Yandex Advertising Network can't buy impressions at a price that's lower than the CPM floor of the publisher's competing campaigns.
DM is an optional feature. The publisher has full control over the list of campaigns included in DM. Any campaign can be added to DM and excluded from it at any time.
- Additional DM revenue payments are made within the framework of your current agreement with the Yandex Advertising Network, which provides financial guarantees and regular payments.
- Your revenue from Yandex Advertising Network monetization increases.
- Yandex Advertising Network sales of impressions with CPM are higher than direct sales.
- A constant inventory fill rate is ensured regardless of the targeting of the current active guaranteed campaigns.
- The average CPM increases.
- The total profit is maximized (yield optimization).
- Inventory is monetized with minimal losses through server-side integration of Adfox and Yandex Advertising Network.
- You can enable or disable DM at any time when running the campaign.
- DM is an optional feature.
- The publisher has full control over the list of campaigns included in DM.
For your own promotion campaigns, you can set the Promo type and assign levels from 12 to 21.
Priority rotation method
Rotation method (enabled on request): By default, the priority rotation method is used, with levels from 1 to 10.
When you enable selection of the rotation method, you can select campaign rotation by percentage of traffic.
In the Rotation method parameter, select by priority. You must specify the Level and Priority parameters.
Level: An indicator that affects the order in which the server selects campaigns for serving.
There are 10 levels available.
With the Campaign type module enabled, there are 21 levels available. Level 1 is the highest priority, and the other levels are listed in descending order of priority.
There can be many campaigns on each level. You can use priorities to manage campaigns within a single level.
Campaigns that are at level 11 Dynamic monetization are prioritized by CPM.
Priority is an indicator that affects how often a campaign is selected compared to other campaigns at the same level. By default, the priority is set to 100.
The campaigns of the highest level (the first) are always selected for serving first. Then, the system selects the next most suitable campaign by comparing priorities.
If targeting or restrictions are triggered for the first-level campaigns, campaigns for serving are selected at the second, third, and the following levels.
For example, there are three campaigns with the priority rotation method:
Campaign No. 1. Level: 3. Priority: 100. Banner 1 (Priority: 100) Campaign No. 2. Level: 4. Priority: 150. Banner 1 (Priority: 100) Campaign No. 3. Level: 3. Priority: 50. Banner 1 (Priority: 100)
Let's say their targeting settings and restrictions are suitable.
First, the server checks campaigns No. 1 and No. 3 with level 3.
A campaign is selected based on its priority. All other things being equal, campaign No. 1 will serve its banners on average twice as often as campaign No. 3.
Priority plays the same role for banners as it does for campaigns. But banner priority doesn't depend on campaign priority in any way. For example, two banners of the same campaign that have the same priority are served equally often.
Redefine rotation method at the placement level
You don't have to set a single rotation method for all placements of a campaign.
Let's say there's a site or placement where it's more important for you to run a different campaign. To redefine the rotation method at the placement level, open thetab and select the placement where you want to apply the changes. You can redefine the rotation method for sites, sections, or individual placements.
In the Rotation method menu, select:
- Not defined: The rotation method is the same as for the entire campaign.
- By priority: Campaign rotation uses the mechanism of levels and priorities for the entire site, its sections, and placements.
- By % of traffic: Campaign rotation uses the traffic percentage mechanism.
Every time you redefine the rotation method for a placement, the changes affect the components of this placement as well. If you don't redefine the rotation method, the corresponding setting is applied from the placement one step above.