You can use profiles to make adding campaigns easier and restrict assistants' access to placements and targeting.
If some targeting or placement parameters often repeat in your campaigns, create profiles with the appropriate settings. When creating a campaign, select a ready-made profile from the list, and the necessary settings are applied to the campaign.
You can create a General profile, which includes the settings of both placement and targeting profiles.
- Specify the placement profile when creating a campaign for automatic campaign placement on the profile placements. You can change the campaign placement later.
- Assign a placement profile to an assistant. Then the assistant can place campaigns only on the placements specified in the placement profile.
Assistants have two more settings related to the placement profile: Manage sites of placement profile and View sites of placement profile. By enabling these options, you can set up assistants' access to the Sites tab and manage the placements included in the placement profile.
- Specify the targeting profile when creating or editing:
- A campaign
- Campaign placements
- A banner
- Assign a targeting profile to an assistant so that they can manage targeting only within the specified profile.
Create a placement profile
- Open thetab and enter the new profile name. You can also use a previously created profile as the basis for a new profile by selecting it from the list.
- Click Add.
- Select sites, sections, and placements the same way as when placing a campaign.
Create a targeting profile
- Open thetab.
- Enter a name. You can also use an existing profile as a basis: enable the Copy existing option and select the necessary profile from the drop-down list.
- Click Add.
- A Settings redefined option was added to each targeting. If you enable it, the profile settings apply.
<no limits> profile cancels all restrictions that you set for the object.
<custom [partially redefined]> or
<custom [completely redefined]> profile is set automatically if you selected the targeting profile first and changed part or all of the profile targeting at this level.
<not redefined> profile uses targeting settings from a higher level.